Van S. Authentics brooch pendant combination, 1940s gold plated amber glass pin, numbered rare, #3270.
Due to the lower number of the piece and the safety clasp that extends beyond the clasp I would date this as from 1940 or 1950, the style points me to the 1940s.
Authentics Inc. is a company founded by Joanne and Reginald Moonan, in the mid-30s later known as Van S. Authentics. Their company was in business from 1930 to 1969 when they were bought out by another company.
The company made costume jewelry that was sold at the Hattie Carnegie salon in New York and at department and specialty stores around the the country. Mrs. Moonan's designs were also frequently featured in fashion magazines.
The brooch/pendant measures 2 3/8" (7.1 cm) X 2" (5.1 cm) and, other than a few minor flaws to the glass (most likely factory produced) and a small scratch in the gold fronting, is in very good vintage condition.
This would be lovely as a Wedding cake brooch, wedding dress sash or part of a wedding brooch bouquet!
See last photo for example of cake brooch.
To see more designer jewelry go to http://etsy.me/1dOqTwJ
Please take a look at my other necklaces: http://etsy.me/IAlokT
If you like brooches please take a look at my other brooches: http://etsy.me/HBvlzv
Not only do brooches liven up a dress or sweater and look great on scarves and coats, but how about some of these ideas:
Attach one to a slit in a skirt to highlight legs
Wear it on a sash at your waist
Add one to a purse to make it an evening bag
Use a brooch to hold a tote bag shut
Put one on a hat for added flair
Pin brooch on a ribbon for as a hair accessory
1. All jewelry items come in an organza or velvet bag and, when able, a gift box.
2. Like my Facebook page to get a 15% off coupon in the about section: http://on.fb.me/16M4TA5
3. Now with free shipping in the United States. If you are out of the country and your package is small enough to lower shipping, I will refund any difference over $1.00, after insurance.
4. All measurements are approximate.
5. If you want to save this item for later or make a ‘wish’ list to share with others, click on the ‘favorites’ link next to the ‘add to cart’ link.
6. For questions click on the contact link under shop owner info on the right.
7. To visit my shop click here http://www.etsy.com/shop/maggiescornerstore
8. Gift-wrapping and drop shipping available. Contact owner.
9. For information about our policies go to http://etsy.me/112id32
mom, mother, dad, father, present, gift, vintage jewelry, birthday
Payment is expected at time of purchase. We accept Paypal and Etsy direct payment.
If you are out of country and your package is small enough to lower shipping, I will refund any difference over $1.00, after insurance. I generally ship USPS first class unless there is a request for different. I am willing to work with the customer. Insurance in the states is available for an extra charge. I ship within 1 to 2 business days. International buyers are responsible for any Custom fees.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 6 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
All refunds of items not as advertised (not sterling silver etc) are guaranteed within 14 days of purchase. The shop must be contacted about the return.
These are vintage items and as such should not be expected to be in brand new condition. Any refunds other than not as advertised, within 14 days, will be subject to a 25% restocking fee and return shipping will be the buyer's responsibility. Returned items must not have been worn, worked on or altered.
Contact 412-601-0291 with questions