Mexico silver necklace, bracelet and earrings set, filigree parure floral link choker, link bracelet and screw back earrings.
They are clearly marked Mexico silver on the backs of the earrings and may have been on the replaced clasps of the necklace and the bracelet. They do have the Made in Mexico stamp on them however.
“The “Mexico Silver” or Silver Made in Mexico” marks are seen on pieces from the 1920’s through mid 1940’s, their silver standard varies, but is commonly above .925 purity”. This is from the Online Encyclopedia of Silver Marks, Hallmarks & Makers' Marks
.925 is sterling. The fact that they are probably purer would account for them being more pliable and delicate in nature.
I have seen the same pattern earrings and bracelet but with different markings on the backs that point to a later time period. They also look more substantial, less delicate. Perhaps it was a father/son thing or a retooling of a machine that made the flowers.
This beautiful set has been altered slightly to make repairs. The last photo shows a close up of the repairs. They are:
- In the necklace one of the petals is missing its edging and a connector thus I connected it with an original jump ring to a section of the leaf
- Two of the necklace end links and the clasp were missing so I added similar style links and a connector, these are not silver but are vintage
- A connector for the bracelet was missing for one of the links and so I put the jump ring in part of the edging
-The clasp for the bracelet was missing and I replaced it, not silver but vintage
The necklace measures 16" (40.6 cm) without the clasp, the bracelet 7 3/4" (19.7 cm) without the clasp and the flower part of the earrings has a 5/8" (1.6 cm) diameter.
This is an old and delicate set and as such has flaws, please look at photos carefully for any I may have missed. Also the set has been left in it's original patina, except for the back of one earring to be able to read the mark.
► To see more jewelry sets go to: http://etsy.me/Oxysje
► Want to see more silver items? Click here: http://etsy.me/1uB8Nb4
► To see more Mexican jewelry go to: http://etsy.me/1nxeEi3
► Please take a look at my other necklaces: http://etsy.me/1Ll0HYW
► You can see more bracelets here: http://etsy.me/H1UCE2
► If you want to see more earrings follow this link: http://etsy.me/HPky23
► To see more clip and screw back earrings go to: http://etsy.me/1NWR85D
► Some earrings can be adapted to pierced. Convo shop owner if interested.
1. All jewelry items come in a organza or velvet bag and, when able, a gift box.
2. Like my Facebook page to get a 15% off coupon in the about section: http://on.fb.me/16M4TA5
3. Now with free shipping in the United States. If you are out of country and your package is small enough to lower shipping, I will refund any difference over $1.00, after insurance.
4. All measurements are approximate.
5. If you want to save this item for later or make a ‘wish’ list to share with others, click on the ‘favorites’ link next to the ‘add to cart’ link.
6. For questions click on the contact link under shop owner info on the right.
7. To visit my shop click here http://www.etsy.com/shop/maggiescornerstore
8. Gift-wrapping and drop shipping available. Contact owner.
9. For information about our policies go to http://etsy.me/112id32
Please follow me for the latest news from my shop:
mom, mother, dad, father, present, gift, vintage jewelry, birthday
Payment is expected at time of purchase. We accept Paypal and Etsy direct payment.
If you are out of country and your package is small enough to lower shipping, I will refund any difference over $1.00, after insurance. I generally ship USPS first class unless there is a request for different. I am willing to work with the customer. Insurance in the states is available for an extra charge. I ship within 1 to 2 business days. International buyers are responsible for any Custom fees.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 6 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
All refunds of items not as advertised (not sterling silver etc) are guaranteed within 14 days of purchase. The shop must be contacted about the return.
These are vintage items and as such should not be expected to be in brand new condition. Any refunds other than not as advertised, within 14 days, will be subject to a 25% restocking fee and return shipping will be the buyer's responsibility. Returned items must not have been worn, worked on or altered.
Contact 412-601-0291 with questions