Hand painted tea set, 1940s cottage ware, made in occupied Japan, thatched cottage teapot, creamer and sugar bowl, English or Irish cottage!
Perfect for tea lover, teapot collector, as a gift or for your own shelf! Imagine the compliments!
Age appropriate crazing, which adds to the beauty. The teapot lid had a break which was carefully glued back in place (I had to look very closely to see that it was glued at all and not just a hairline crack). See last photo and zoom. There is some rubbing to the top of the sugar bowl lid.
Other than the aforementioned the set is in very good vintage condition. Very bright and shiny, especially for its age.
Japan was occupied from 1945 until 1952. I had this set for sale years ago at my brick and mortar bookstore. After it closed I packaged these up and put them in the attic. Now they are ready for your enjoyment!
The teapot measures 7" (15.2 cm) from spout to the end of the handle and is 4 1/2" (11.4 cm) tall. The sugar bowl is 3 3/4" (9.5 cm) and is 5 1/4" (13.3 cm) wide. The creamer is 4 1/4" (10.8 cm) wide and is 2 1/2" (6.4 cm) high.
Shipping outside U.S. available. Convo owner with location for cost.
► To see more collectible non-jewelry items click this link: http://etsy.me/13b6Gz7
1. Now with free shipping on most additional items in the United States. If you are out of country and your package is small enough to lower shipping, I will refund any difference over $1.
2. Like me on Facebook to get 15% off coupon in about section: http://on.fb.me/16M4TA5
3. All measurements are approximate.
4. If you want to save this item for later or make a ‘wish’ list to share with others click on the ‘favorites’ link next to the ‘add to cart’ link.
5. For questions click on the contact link under shop owner info on the right.
6. To visit my shop click here http://www.etsy.com/shop/maggiescornerstore
7. Gift-wrapping and drop shipping available. Contact owner.
8. For information about our policies go to http://etsy.me/112id32
Please follow me for the latest news from my shop:
mom, mother, present, gift, teacher, collector, dolls
Payment is expected at time of purchase. We accept Paypal and Etsy direct payment.
If you are out of country and your package is small enough to lower shipping, I will refund any difference over $1.00, after insurance. I generally ship USPS first class unless there is a request for different. I am willing to work with the customer. Insurance in the states is available for an extra charge. I ship within 1 to 2 business days. International buyers are responsible for any Custom fees.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 6 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
All refunds of items not as advertised (not sterling silver etc) are guaranteed within 14 days of purchase. The shop must be contacted about the return.
These are vintage items and as such should not be expected to be in brand new condition. Any refunds other than not as advertised, within 14 days, will be subject to a 25% restocking fee and return shipping will be the buyer's responsibility. Returned items must not have been worn, worked on or altered.
Contact 412-601-0291 with questions